CREATING A SAFE AND SECURE WORKPLACE
In order to build a safe and secure workplace, we have implemented a variety of initiatives.
Safety-oriented activities as a chemical plant
- We work on risk assessment. Risks in work places are checked at the beginning of the term and eliminated through annual improvement activities.
- The safety and health committee conduct a safety check when mechanical equipment is newly installed or modified to make sure there is no danger or any other problems.
- We conduct a monthly risk assessment and include the cases with a high level of risk in a table for improvement.
- We practice KYT (Kiken Yochi Training, which means risk prediction training) to predict risks. We always conduct KYT before starting any non-regular work.
Safety and health management system
- The business office manager serves as a general safety and health supervisor announcing safety and health principles and displaying them at each workplace. The business office manager also regularly patrols the site and points out any problems with safety or 5S in need of improvement.
- We conduct various safety training in accordance with the safety environment manual such as safety training for operations, new employees and transferred personnel. In all training, the training history for each employee is thoroughly administered by the General Affairs Group, as well as by each employee’s division.
- We develop a safety and health program every year. According to the program, we carry out safety and health training on organic solvents, specified chemical materials, poisonous and deleterious substances, forklifts and countermeasures to heatstroke.
- The safety and health committee conducts weekly workplace inspections.
- We belong to the Utsunomiya zero-accident campaign study group, and as a member of the study group we have been reporting our efforts for zero-accidents and also responding to requests and guidance from relevant organizations.